Monday, May 21, 2012

243 Pieces of Heaven!

I'm back from Quilt Market in Kansas City and trying to recover quickly and get back to work. I have so much to share. I will say it was a whirlwind. I've never been busier with "Quilting Modern" book business, magazine business, helping friend's with business, Modern Quilt Guild and Quilt Con business and so much more.  As I've said before on this blog, Quilt Market is all about business! I learned so much too!  Thanks to all of you in the quilting community who are so willing to share and help those of us who are newbies in the business.
As I said in the last post I got a quick peek at the new We Love Color book right before I left for market.  My quilt is on the cover and was hanging in the C&T Publishing booth.  It has some signature Angela Walter's quilting on it.  It was great to see it again and see the rest of the quilts in the book in person in the Robert Kaufman Kona Solids booth.  I shared my quilt along with Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson and Weeks Ringle of Craft Nectar at the We Love Color Schoolhouse.  I have to admit it was pretty intimidating to follow those two quilters.  I think my favorite quilt in the book was the one made by Kathy of Pink Chalk Studio and Pink Chalk Fabrics, but it's hard to choose.
Did you know that Kona cotton now comes in 243, yes, 243 different colors.  I picked up a new color card and hung it in my studio first thing this morning.  Talk about inspiration!

They've added 28 new ones and they are super great!  Remember that our friend Tammy at Marmalade carries a whole boatload of Kona colors so be sure to check them out at Marmalade Fabrics!
I have some extra copies of the book and let's start by giving away one of those and some Quilt Market goodies.
Robert Kaufman made some totally cute pins buttons that have the quilts and the designer on them.  They are darling!  So, leave a comment to win letting me know your favorite Kona cotton color.  Tell me why too!  I'll do the random number thing and pick the winners on Wednesday!  Be sure to enter by Wednesday 6 a.m. CST.

More Quilt Market news to come.


Comments are now closed.  Winner to be announced soon!